Thursday, June 01, 2006

Valley Of The Cramps

Morning weigh-in: 178#, 11.5% BF

Walked last night at the usual place, this time getting to the end of the second dam (the one with the incredible "mountains & valleys" view) before turning around. I didn't expect to see too much wildlife, because a couple was walking their two dogs. Total a$$holes, in my opinion: they were ill tempered because of the heat and taking it out on their dogs, which were obviously never trained to "heel" and were doing what dogs do, sniffing the ground and tugging on the leashes, then getting yanked back and screamed at. I caught up to them and left them behind at the first dam; as I passed them I was polite to their faces, but I think they turned around because they heard me call them "fscking freaks" under my breath...

Anyway, once I was rid of them, good old Mr. Friendly saw: a turtle laying eggs, a very tame deer as it approached me, and something big and loud running away in the woods. Very pleasant walk, actually, and I think I walked almost four miles total.

Got home, ate dinner (leftover chili plus a few clementines), then played with the computer until bedtime. Since I have a dialup connection, it normally takes a prohibitive amount of time to download a much of music, but last night I ended up grabbing five songs without even realizing it, since I was otherwise occupied with C-language experiments (I learned how to create and use "shared object" libraries). Three hours went by like three minutes...

What I downloaded was a song from Mogwai, two early Johnny Cash tunes, and (continuing my 80's fetish) two songs by The Cramps. I forgot about them, and maybe the rest of the world has too, but they still rock.

No comments: