Friday, June 09, 2006

Playing A New Game

A game that's new to me anyway, and they call it the Friday Random Ten: you shuffle your player and post the first ten that come up. I now have (almost) enough music to make it a meaningfully random sample, so I thought I'd play...

Here's Mine:
1. Gary Numan - "Cars"
2. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Relax"
3. Beat Happening - "Crashing Through"
4. Modest Mouse - "Dirty Fingernails"
5. Bad Brains - "Sailin' On"
6. The Yardbirds - "Choker"
7. The Cramps - "Faster Pussycat"
8. Green Day - "Life During War"
9. Bauhaus - "Bela Lugosi's Dead"
10. Will Carroll - "Some Lunch"

...and a bonus cut for street cred:
11. Johnny Cash - "Cry! Cry! Cry!"

Busy day tomorrow, many errands (starting with an 8:00 AM oil change) before heading down to Englishtown for Dad's birthday, so I thought I'd stay in tonight. I planned ahead; this was at least partly the motivation for going out last night. Got home from work, cleaned the bike so it's presentable when it gets the new fork, and have been playing with the computer ever since, mostly downloading music. No idea what the list above reveals about my relation to cool, nothing good I'm sure...

No comments: