Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Colonized! No More Bread For Me

Morning weigh-in: 178#, 11% BF

Not much to say here today, dum de dum, let's see:

Nurse came yesterday for PICC line maintenance, she looked at the rash on my arm (armpit, really) and pronounced it a yeast infection, no doubt caused by antibiotic-induced imbalances in my skin's microbe ecology. I see the infectious disease guy tomorrow, and he should be able to give me a cream to clear it up. Sounds disgusting ("mmmmm... rich yeasty armpit goodness...") but I was still glad it wasn't what I suspected: last week's PICC line cleaning had been pretty aggressive, and I thought that maybe the internal part of the line, getting yanked and bounced around in its vein, managed to irritate or damage something. Good thing it's only another set of alien microbes eating me...

Walked yesterday at Merrill Creek. Did what has pretty much become my typical hike: clockwise from the lot, out to the middle of the second dam, stand on the rickety stairway, then turn around and come back. There were more cars than usual in the lot, and I saw a few people out on the walk, plus a few rabbits & deer.

AJAX: Excelsior! I signed up yesterday for the beta test of Google's new web-based spreadsheet, which, like their gmail and calendar services, is based on AJAX -- the wave of the future? We'll see... I gave it a try today; it seems pretty good so far, though there was definitely a touch of latency involved.

No comments: