Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Please Christmas, Don't Be Late

Cast comes off three weeks from today. Not that I'm counting the days or anything, just sayin'...

Made "Bavarian Pork Chops" (ie pork and sauerkraut) yesterday in the crock pot: prepped it Sunday night, tossed it in the fridge & put it on the heater before going to work. I was a little worried, since I used "pork lumps" (apparently meant for kebabs, since they came with little skewers) instead of chops, prepped everything before the meat was fully defrosted, and added celery, carrots & potatoes to the book recipe; I was a little skeptical about the smell before it got cooking -- it kind of smelled like bad cabbage when I took it out of the fridge. When I got home last night however, the whole house smelled great, and I immediately made myself a plate, and it tasted as good as it smelled.

I was planning to play on the computer after dinner, but I was so tired and sleepy I was in bed by 7:00. I'd been up late the night before, poking away at the 'puter, bored and desultory browsing long past the point of diminishing returns, so I figure the sleep was a better idea than the internet last night.

No comments: