Sunday, March 26, 2006

Kickass!

Twenty-four days until the cast comes off...

Went out yesterday, took a taxi downtown to do some errands: first stop was to the bank, make sure all funds were in order between my checking accounts, then it was off to the gym. Dawn set up a very serious "lighter weights but high reps" upper body workout, focusing mainly on my chest and shoulders (w/ plenty of other stuff as well), and it beat me into the ground -- but it was a good kind of hurt! I really needed that, it made me feel normal again.

With a little help from my friends: Brian helped me with laundry on Friday -- he picked me up & drove back to his house to dry clothes, we went to Which Brew for dinner while the laundry dried, then we went back, through a DWI checkpoint, to pick up my my clothes. Then, I got a call yesterday morning from Kris, asking if I needed anything while she was running her Saturday errands. She's out the other end of the Valley and I had Greg & Judy on tap for groceries in the afternoon, so I thanked her & took a raincheck. (By the way, her chili is better than mine. I'm working on it...)

Greg & Judy took me to the supermarket in the afternoon; they got a few things for themselves and I got another big order. (I have to say that they have the shopping thing down to a science.)

Since Doug helped me with drycleaning and also picked up a few necessities the other day, I am now very far from hurting on the domestic front. Hopefully, nobody'll ever need this kind of help, but when or if the time comes, they all have some major chips they can cash in with me.

Anyway, today looks reasonably nice out, though probably cold: I may go for a walk later in the afternoon but in the meantime there's breakfast and the internet.

No comments: