Monday, January 30, 2006

The World Is My Idea

Morning weigh-in: 182#, 6% BF I think I'm detecting a pattern...

A chicken in the rain: Went out yesterday, took photos (coming soon) of the welded metal sculptures down by the junkyard, and I couldn't help but notice that the junkyard itself was practically empty. No doubt it's because of the high metal prices worldwide, as China's demand for steel keeps rising; there are probably a lot of scrapyards looking barren these days. Sure hope they don't decide to break up the sculptures and sell them too.

Sneakernet: After that I stopped by Brian's house, where I tried my pen drive on his computer. It worked fine, all the stuff I put on it was available. After that we hung out for a bit, had some chili he made in his crock pot: we talked chili, crock pots and slow-cooking recipes...

Tractatus Logico-Catfighticus: After Brian's I went to Barnes and Noble, picked up two books on chess (sigh), a slow-cooking (ie crock pot) cookbook, and Wittgenstein's Poker, a book about an altercation in 1946 between Ludwig Wittgenstein and Karl Popper, at the monthly meeting of the Cambridge (or was it Oxford?) Moral Science Club. Good story so far.

One More Show I Don't Have To Watch: Kung Fu Monkey takes on Lost.

No comments: