Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Who Won the Kentucky Derby?

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 8.5% BF

Charley Horse, that's who! I have a nice scrape/bruise on my right bicep, feels like I lifted too hard after taking off for a few weeks. Riding green Blaze on Sunday, going uphill (uphiller is supposed to get the right-of-way) when a slightly out-of-control kid came down, and I moved to the side but didn't see the broken tree limb, caught in the brush on the side of the trail -- it hit my arm like a spear and stopped me dead.

So, anyway... rode last night with Doug & Lori (who were on the tandem), also Greg's wife Judy, reasonably mellow ride over at Jacobburg. Judy's very fit (running, road biking), but she's not as skilled or confident in the woods as some others. Last night though, she rode well and had a blast, and her fun & enthusiasm were very infectious. A very pleasant ride, then we all went to G & J's for some burgers -- Greg had gone out to dinner with an old friend, but he came home not long after we finished eating, and we hung out & BS'ed for quite a while. Nice night!

No comments: