Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It Didn't Feel Like A Hot Lap

Morning weigh-in: 177#, 10.5% BF

Rode the towpath last night, had a 15.1 mph average over maybe 22-23 miles, 1:28 total time. Not bad! I was drenched in sweat afterward, literally standing and dripping for about a half hour in the backyard. Shower, some phone calls, laundry, and then I hit Which Brew for dinner: no lime-chili wings, but I had the sesame-ginger ones and a cold avocado-cucumber soup, plus an Allagash white. A number of people were there, but none were my "typical Tuesday night crowd," no reason to stay so I left a bit early (relatively speaking).

By the way, yesterday was the retirement luncheon for my boss's boss, the guy I've worked for since I got here -- and my fifteen year anniversary just passed. Things will sure be different around here.

Re-reading: William Gibson's Pattern Recognition. It's really a rehash of several of his other books -- and some day I'd like to sit the author down and explain how stupid the phrase "long-chain monomers" makes him look -- but definitelly a compelling read.

No comments: