Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tour de Dump

Morning weigh-in: 176.5#, 12.5% BF

Got home last nite, got a late start but I rode my Hellertown/Williams Twp loop, aka "the hill ride," aka "Le Tour de Dump." This takes me through most of that hilly area just south of the line between Easton and Bethlehem; since this means the ride parallels I-78, it also means I pass several landfills and zoned-for-light-industry areas, on roads with PA-Dutch-country names like "Applebutter." Two roads, Morvale Rd and Morgan Hill Rd, have that King Arthur / Middle-Earth sound sinister, so it would be appropriate for them to have industrial wastelands but they're mostly rural -- except, of course, for that rinky-dink golf course condo complex on Morgan Hill, henna...

Dropping like flies: Just found out, my friend Ron just got married a few weeks ago, very quiet (more like hush-hush) ceremony, and another Manalapan friend, Tom, is supposed to get married in June.

No comments: