Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Fire Sermon

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 180.5#, 10.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 177#, 9% BF

To Carthage then I came... (apropos of nothing, just popped into my head)

Monday I took a rest day, and I got a call from Brian pointing out that it was Mug Club Night at WB, so that's where I/we had dinner. Great night: chili, cheeseburger & lemon lager, lotsa peeps including the Kneller bros, T, Ed, Scott, and some 35-year-old TV producer (who looked 50) who managed to get the whole bar in an uproar by vociferously defending his hero, George W. Bush. He started with Scott, who came in on a real tangent, but is loud and monopolizes the conversation at 200 words a minute when he gets excited. Guy turned to me (I was laughingly avoiding the conversation by BS'ing w/ Perry) and asked me sotto voce if Scott was a lunatic. That got me into it -- I got called a "liberal," boo fscking hoo -- then Theresa weighed in, got in his face... when I left a few minutes later, he was looking pretty frustrated, like a bull surrounded by all the picadors. I knew there was something wrong with the guy way earlier, when he told me he just bought one of those new condos on Morgan Hill Road: they're wedged between the dump, the sewage treatment plant and the interstate, but they do have a golf course, hilly and rinky-dink as it might be.

Anyway, last night I did bills, played with the computer, forgot to eat dinner. (I think it's getting close to time for an upgrade. Fedora Core 4, here I come!) Had to get some decks cleared, I have a lot of financial activity coming up: someone broke into the computer system at work and got a look at our payroll records. Luckily they were encrypted, but everyone here has to redo their checking account info, put out fraud alerts on their social security numbers, etc.

Stupid joke: Buddha on the porcelain, chanting "burning, burning, burning, burning..."

No comments: