Tuesday, March 08, 2005

On Golden Swan

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 13.5% BF

Walked at Merrill Creek Reservoir yesterday. Stopped there on the way home after work, got there just before 5:00, walked out to the dam & took pictures, continued walking and turned around at 5:25 -- sunset aproximately 5:50, this got me back to the car at dusk. Last (actually, only) one there, park guy was waiting so he could lock the gates behind me.

There were a lot -- and I mean a lot -- of birds in the water, mainly Canada geese and snow geese. So loud it was unreal, and the sky was busier than any ten airports. Very peaceful feeling, watching the birds, and the water & sky. It's funny, Merrill Creek seems to evoke in me more of a feeling of fellowship with wild creatures than pretty much anywhere else; even with those cicadas last year it was like "hello, my little friends."

From there it was back to the city lights: home for a few chores, then Mug Club Night at Which Brew (one more time!). Met Brian, got our delicious discount dinners, but the specialty Spam dish was split pea soup so I couldn't partake. Had an interesting conversation with that guy Perry, turns out he's a music teacher, and one of his good friends is Dave Danielson, aka "Mr Danielson" my high school music teacher. Apparently Dave got out of teaching in the mid-80's, divorced & remarried, and relocated to Nashua NH, but Perry keeps in touch & promised to pass on my greetings. Purely a coincidence, but Easton HS is playing "Pippin," which is what Manalapan did my senior year -- I played bass in the orchestra. Small world.

No comments: