Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Wednesday: descent into the Maelstrom

Morning weigh-in: 174.5#, 13.5% BF

Worked late, then picked up the Turner from Bike King: new Hope brake lever on the right side, some new chainrings & a general once-over, plus a new cycle computer. Looks good! I lubed it last night, as well as cleaning and lubing the road bike.

The Wilderness 101 is Saturday. Yesterday and today are rest days, then Thursday and Friday (which is also a travel day) are "easy workout" days -- this according to the precepts of Consistent Winning, which I think is a crock of rich chocolatey goodness but it's the only system I know.

After the bikes were ready I went to WB for a quick dinner. Ran into Joe G, and feel I would have been happier to have stayed home; I certainly don't regret our parting of ways.

And of course, tonight is the Chain Gang meeting.


No comments: