Sunday, December 08, 2013

Sunday Snowfall

Hanging out at home, watching a really light snow fall. It's not expected to last though -- this stuff is supposed to morph into a "wintry mix" (ie sleet and freezing rain) sometime this afternoon. Oh well, maybe they'll be wrong.

So last time I checked in (other than my two two clean-out-the-closet posts prior to this one), I was working through a bunch of books, and since then I of course bought a few more...

We went into Philly with our friends Donna and John last weekend, meeting them at the White Dog Café for lunch, and then hitting Penn Books, which is just around the corner, before checking into our hotel. Anne got a bunch of books, but I limited myself to three: Bleeding Edge, Thomas Pynchon's latest, Nate Silver's The Signal and the Noise, and World War Z. So even though I finished that giant book of SF short stories (also purchased at Penn Books, by the way), I am behind the eight-ball once again, at least in terms of my reading.

(The rest of the weekend: Nodding Head Brewpub and Local 44 on Saturday night, and Sunday brunch at Sabrina's before hitting the Philladelphia Art Museum.)

This weekend we stayed pretty local: we tried Aria, that new Afghan restaurant in Allentown, with Doug & Lori and Scott S on Friday, then met Sally & Joe last night at Black & Blue. Errands and chores in the mornings, naps in the afternoons...

Think I'll go out and stand in the flurry fall, which sadly looks like it's already ending.

No comments: