Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten The Hard Way

Morning weigh-in: 181.5#, 14% BF
 
So I went to the gym last night after dinner, the first time in more than six months. I can feel a twinge here and there, but I took care to take it easy on myself. (Dinner was steak stir-fry, by the way.) A light workout, immediately followed by a trip to Wegman's to buy food I know ho to cook -- pre-made (frozen) meat tortellini, pasta and tuna with wilted greens, cereal, and some yogurt and cottage cheese -- enough to get me by until Anne gets back.
 
I've been "planning" to drop some weight for a while now, but all of a sudden I really feel a need for it to happen. I'm going to try to get down to about 170#, by the end of the summer, if I can. Some of those food choices won't help get me there, but some will, and I also decided to add back some of the exercise things I abandoned to push the early-spring bike training. Last night's gym visit was the first one added, and this morning I got in a run: 1.7 miles, 12 minute pace, not exactly lighting the world on fire but I am back in the game. (Next up is yoga.)
 
Tonight is another towpath ride, then I am off to a friend's birthday party.
 
Ominous: Does anyone else remember the summer of 2001, pre-911, all those bogus Shark Attack and Missing White Woman stories as the newspeople tried to find something sensational to report? Sure seems that there are a lot of those stories in the news again, and I see that terrorists vandalized another third-world World Heritage Site. I sure hope the Olympics security is not as incompetent as it looks...

1 comment:

HMK said...

Me too!
Flying into London on British Air!