Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Week In Review

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 184.5#, 15% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 185.5#, 14% BF
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 183.5#, 14% BF
 
OK, so I didn't hit the trainer Monday night... what I did do, besides laundry and similar activities (I actually got a lot done, things I'd blown off over the weekend) was upload a bunch of photos from the Superbowl of Chili. Check them out, I took pictures of a lot of contestants this year.
 
I did get around to hitting the trainer on Tuesday night though, and got in a short sharp interval workout -- 10 minutes warmup, then 3 intervals of 1 hard, high cadence minute with 2 minutes spinning rest between, and cool down for a total of 25 minutes. It was fairly intense, but definitely not a fat-burner, and since I followed it with Taco Night, things looked pretty bad by Wednesday morning.
 
One worse thing yesterday morning: I was fooling with photos Tuesday night, moving pictures from my phone to my laptop, and F-Spot (my photo program) crashed. When I went to continue using it the next morning, before work, it started up with an error message saying it couldn't find the database file -- and then it came up blank. The photos themselves were all safe on my hard drive, but all the user-supplied metadata (things like photo descriptions, and tags for date, location, event, etc) were gone; this represented a loss of thousands of hours of labeling work, and was in fact more likely to be irreplaceable than not. Gaaaa! No time to deal, I was late for work already.
 
Needless to say, it was a loooong day at work with that hanging over my head, but when I got home I quickly found the photo database in an incorrect directory (thank Google for the clues I needed); I put it back in its correct location and started F-Spot, and all was well. I also backed up the database, crossed my fingers, and dumped all the remaining photos from my phone. Stay tuned, if I see any good stuff I'll post them it Flickr along with all everything else.
 
I saw recently that the latest Ubuntu distribution dropped F-Spot in favor some other photo software, and at the time I was suitably outraged, but I've become a lot less attached to F-Spot over the last two days.
 
Dinner last night was leftover shepherd's pie, and then Anne and I went for a walk around the West Bethlehem neighborhood. Our route was a slightly shorter version of our 5k run; we did about 2 miles and I think Anne was scoping out the terrain for snowy sidewalks and general runnability. We got home a little before 10:00; if we'd been out a little longer we probably would have heard this. Poor fsckers.

No comments: