Sunday, January 09, 2011

Gilead's Precipice

Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 180.0#, 13.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Sunday): 178#, 14.5% BF
 
One more towpath half-ride, followed by one beer at Brew Works, equals one half pound of weight loss... I hit the towpath again Wednesday night, this time remembering to wear booties over my shoes -- I swear this'll be the year I get winter shoes -- and taking a hit of Proventil before heading out. I'm not sure if the Proventil helped on the ride, I was wheezing and coughing on-and-off for big parts of the ride (other parts I was totally fine lung-wise, though still afflicted with a runny nose), but after I got home and settled down I felt great, like I'd blown out whatever was the problem.
 
For those who asked: The Iguana's original cassette probably didn't last beyond 1992, and was replaced/upgraded several times by the shop before I ever learned how to do those kinds of things. Currently the bike has a fairly new wheelset with a 7-speed cassette in back, removable by the standard chain whip and cassette-remover-nut-thingy. The Iguana is now a flat-pedals cruiser, suitable for townie bike commuting; I was on the Turner last night.
 
Some Internetty Things: Looks like Titus Andronicus had a bit of a personnel change,  and everyone's taking turns, giving Ross Douthat his well-deserved wedgies -- some more than once. That provided a few giggles last week, which is better than what I think this week will bring.

Movie Night: Anne and I saw "True Grit" Thursday night. It was awesome, I highly recommend it. Afterwards we went for dinner at Brew Works, which is why there was no Friday weigh-in...

Friday was snowy, and the drive in was slow -- slower and worse than I thought the relatively mild conditions warranted -- but things were fine by the afternoon and I got in a short Sals ride after work. Conditions were really good, it was cold enough that the snow stayed dry and powdery, squeaking as I rode over it. We were supposed to do Anne's family Christmas visit yesterday, but the snow moved things to today so I hit the gym pretty hard: full body including legs, maxxing out the weights, first time in months I did that. Our free afternoon meant that we were cleared for going to the VMB party last night, but I think my workout (and the snowy bike commuting to/from) took me into nap-becomes-bedtime land a little early. Today we do the Christmas thing; we're leaving in a  few minutes.

No comments: