Friday, October 29, 2010

Once Burned, Twice Shy

Good time at the gym last night, I did a full body workout including legs. I didn't feel particularly strong or energetic, but still I fairly flew through the workout. The lower reps & higher weights are starting to pay off, and my strength seems to be coming back, though my fitness (despite the running) is still in the middle of its annual Fall meltdown. (Time to set up the trainer in the basement?)
 
I met Anne at Porters after that, grabbed dinner and BS'ed with a few friends we bumped into there. Ribeye steak sandwich, Founder's Breakfast Stout, some good conversation, and we were home by 11:30, not too bad.
 
More crows on the way in this morning, and like yesterday, another major backup on the highway -- this time I saw all the brake lights in the distance and got off at the next exit. Even if it took longer I didn't care,  I didn't feel like sitting in traffic again, and when I got to my usual exit I got a glimpse of the interstate looking like a parking lot, so I think my gamble paid off.
 
Tonight is the CAT Halloween ride.

2 comments:

Euphoria said...

I think Im going to do the low rep high weights too this off season. Even though I tend to put on a decent amount of weight, the strength gains "outweigh" it I think.

Don said...

A few years ago I did a lot of weights for strength in the fall, 4x-5x per week, and I lost about 20 pounds. Not much cardio opportunities available at the time, so I figure it had to be the weights that did it. Go figure.