Saturday, May 08, 2010

Slacker 2: Electric Boogaloo

Wow, one week later and here I am, back in Wired with the laptop... No official weigh-in right now, but my weight's been all over the map this past week, from a low of 172# on Sunday afternoon to a high of 179# on Tuesday; last I checked was Thursday when it was 174#.

Michaux was a lot of fun, but I was totally exhausted at the start: I almost bagged the race after a short warm-up, and it wasn't until the second half -- after mile 10, and also the part that was on the old familiar trails -- when really felt alive. My final time was around 3:20 or so, and my ride time was more like 3:07. (My race data can be found here, and the official race results are here.) They don't show DNF's, and I think there were a lot of them, but I was 19th out of 21 finishers (among the old men). Not bad, considering, and at least now I know where I stand.

I went to a dietitian this week, she looked over my situation and gave me some food advice (mostly about going out, eating at home is working fine for now), and she also told me I might be anemic... I'm not sure about that, but I think she gave me a good case of hypochondria.

2 comments:

Euphoria said...

DOH! It says "You do not have sufficient privileges to view the activity with id 32594137."

BTW any chance you are going to do the July 4th Michaux race too?

Don said...

Oops! Try it now. I may do it, I haven't made any plans either way.