Saturday, August 15, 2009

Short Week, Long Weekend

Here I am on the porch, digesting dinner (steamed stringbeans from the garden, bread, cheese, and a huge, blood-red heirloom tomato, also from the garden -- yum!), just watching the day end... Anne's up visiting Ben until tomorrow night, last chance to see him before he goes to study abroad for a year, so I'm living the bachelor life for a day or so.

Today was the gym, and beside that mostly chores, some stuff around the house and some bike work. I prepped the Turner for tomorrow's ride at Fell, and I also gave some love to the road bike, putting on some new tires -- the old ones were so worn they were almost see-through, and I've had a few flats recently, not a normal occurrence. Not a lot of activity really, even with the puttering-around-the-house stuff, but I'm totally whooped right now. I think it's going to be an early night, because tomorrow's an early morning.

Thursday was a fairly somber day at work, but I managed to keep busy and the day moved along. We hit Porters, a sort of Friday night on Thursday thing, saw the band and met a bunch of people. Yesterday was a full day: medium-longish ride with Anne, then we bottled the beer we brewed a few weeks ago; we finished the evening at Brew Works. Looking back, I think I'm entitled to a night in...

1 comment:

HMK said...

Since when do you eat tomatoes? Ah, the influence of a woman! Sounds like a healthy delicious meal.
Nice to have a garden, even with the maintainance.
Very hot today; hope you keep hydrated at least.
When is PPRAC? I'll send donation this week.
Miss you. Maybe we'll see you & Anne before summer is over.
Uncle Frank & Aunt Pat will be here a few days prior to Claire L's wedding Sat of Labor Day weekend.
Dont know if that timing is bad. He may be here that Sunday(? ) I call him today.