Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow Riders

Morning weigh-in: 172.5#, 9.5% BF
 
Went out last night on the towpath, but I started late (8:00, an hour after my  planned "late start" at 7:00) and wanted to be done by 9:00, so I only went to Freemansburg before turning around -- the snow made for very slow going. After that I met Anne and her friend Lois at Brew Works; Lois was leaving, so we moved up the bar and chatted with the bartender while I grabbed some dinner.
 
Ick Regis: Anne's friend Joyce just wrote a novel, and I was checking it out on Amazon when I came across this blog post. Pretty awesome, and it kind of reminded me of the ending to Kim.
 
Tonight, hopefully, is a group ride on the towpath, like the one last week.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne brings a great new dimension to the blog family.
Joyce's Book looks very interesting & I wish good luck in its reception & sales.

Then even moreso for Anne.
Tell her about our book Timelines of History- very helpful in filling in historic, litertary, domestic realities, etc. Maybe any library has it as a reference book.

I've read most of the book Anne gifted me. At first I was down since the author seemed to really make more of 50-70's than I really have done, except for help in orossing a rite of passage into my Seventies. As long as I am true to my self- my goals, feelings and ambitions, I AM young!

But a chapter on memory resonated & I could really agree that dredging old memories is basically useless. Live in the moment & be active- that's my best modus operandi.
Try hard to be real, honest, open yet protective of onesself.
When I can get in this mode, I'm hap[piest.
So thank you Anne & good luck & Godspeed with your newest project!!
Hope to see you again one day not too far away.
(You piqued my interest in the 3 wheeled bike, you know)
If Ben is OK with it I would love to borrow the bike for a bit to see how I do in the fresh air!