Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Missions Accomplished!

I took off this morning to get my dryer repaired (done: it was a burned-out wire, not the heater element), then called a trash hauler and had the other one removed (done), and finally I made an appointment to have my car inspected (still to do, but I have the appointment). I am now doing laundry -- and drying it! -- uploading some pictures, and then I'll be heading back into work for the day. Excelsior!

(Anne and Judy just stopped by. They were at Rachel's dad's funeral, which was held at the place around the block from here, and were on their way to Doylestown -- they were carpooling so Anne dropped her car off here rather than leave it at the funeral home.)

Meantime, on the SS Linux: I managed to totally lock up the laptop, still not sure how but it's OK now, and updated over 1000 programs (but the wireless connection is still funky when it comes to WEP encryption) plus added a few others. My next task is to use it to upload pictures -- my new photo program comes with a feature to do this automatically, so I want to give it a try. More missions getting accomplished there every day.

Anyway, last night was yoga, where I felt stiff and unwieldy, I've been away so long, and tonight is the gym which will no doubt also hurt. Dinner tonight will probably be making pasta & tuna with wilted greens.

Whelp, back to work.

No comments: