Monday, August 04, 2008

Salsa Surfadelic, Baby!

Morning weigh-in: 162.5#, 8.5% BF
 
Saturday was a bit of a wash, as the Fell Mountain ride got canceled/postponed due to weather, and I used the time for laundry & cleaning (also morning yoga), but yesterday was beautiful so I spent it outdoors: downtown to The Quadrant for breakfast, then the towpath to Sals for a lap, where I hooked up with "Spanky," a bunch of dudes from Philly, and Keith and John P; from there I rode over to Musikfest (it was on the way home). I caught a bunch of surf bands -- though once again I missed the Coffin Daggers -- and eventually found myself sitting with Lee and Judy. I made, or rather finalized, plans to return later, and took the towpath home around 5:00.
 
I was showered and back at Plaza Tropicale by 7:00. I hooked up with Anne, and Lee & Judy again, and eventually Peter R and Kelly-Jo, as well as Judy's future son-in-law and his family: we were all there to see Judy's daughter Erica, salsa dancer ("salsita?") extraordinaire and part of a local dance troupe, perform in between "heats" at an amateur salsa competition. The competition was fun (but a bit long, and the emcee's repetitive repartee didn't help), and the salsa demos by the younger kids was cute, but I was just totally blown away by Erica's group -- I mean, I knew she was good, I've seen videos, but this was a quantum leap above what I expected. Anyway, a fun evening and I was glad I went.
 
Meantime, it was a bit of a rough morning, we are now officially on our new "gas-saving" schedule, and I had to be here a half hour earlier than usual -- staying late a half hour too so it'll be a long day every day until I get used to this. The Fridays off will be nice though...
 
Tonight is yoga, and I have a pork loin cooking in the crock pot for tonight.

No comments: