Friday, July 25, 2008

Off Again

Off from work, and off on my next big adventure: I'm leaving for the Wilderness 101 in a few hours, just as soon as I get all my weekend errands/chores done, pack for a weekend of camping etc, and go for my final pre-race prep ride. No morning weigh-in, sorry I forgot but yesterday's was like 166.5# or something.

A Brain Teaser: I'm getting my next mug at Porters.There are 60 you have to do to earn it, in no particular order but I decided to do all the squares in order -- when I go over 60 I'll just loop over again, and if any number is a duplicate I'll skip it. Thus: 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 21, etc... My question is, will this get me all the beers on the list, or are there numbers in there that will never be picked? (Hint: I tried this using an octave script, letting the numbers go up to about 1000, and only got 12 unique hits. I also tried it for different list sizes; none of them were filled completely. I suspect it's not possible to fill the list, but can't prove it.) Let me know what you think when I get back, and don't forget to show your work!

Yo later. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you all the luck in the world!!
Let us know how you've done when you get back.