Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Care A-Bout, Noo-Tri-SHUN!!

Morning weigh-in: 167#, 9% BF

It's not an official weigh-in but I had to do it, I was sooooo scared of what I'd see. Well OK, that wasn't that bad a hit... Great weekend, but fraught with many bad nutritional choices (and a couple of surprisingly good ones). More on all that later.

Happy Birthday To Me: Thanks Mom! I got your birthday gifts. For all you out in TV Land, my mom sent me a copy of Complex Population Dynamics, (why, it's a "theoretical/empirical synthesis!") and also Raising Sand, the new CD by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus. Sweet!

Yoga: I took a 3-hour workshop today on "Intention, Breath, and Movement," Max Strom appearing at Easton Yoga. That was a total kick-ass workout, and way fun. I couldn't believe what I was able to do, and what I came away from the class with. I love my teachers and I know that they're actually some of the best around, but this was truly a quantum leap up -- and those instructors were all there too (as well as instructors from other places), so I figure that what happened today will be a strong influence going forward.

Moab Closure: I finally got all my photos posted, and put them (in chronological order) in this flickr set. And now my vacation is truly over! Good thing I got that done, I already have more photos to post from the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are wonderful! You really captured the beauty of it all, as well as the great time you guys were having. All of you look terrific!

Why the protest against Mormons? Anything specific?

That one shot of Castle Valley looks like it actually has movement, even though there is none. Gorgeous!!!

Enjoyed the museum shots. I know it's all real, yet it still has a sci-fi feel to me.

You're afraid of heights, yet stood on Powerbar Rock?!?!?!

Great show! So glad you shared.

Don said...

Powerbar Rock: unlike how it looks from far away, when you're on it you're not actually exposed to any drops. They said I was posing too stiffly, I was thinking of doing a headstand...

Anti-Mormons: Not sure who they were, but their signs made the Mormons look normal by comparison: "Anti-Mormon Literature (King James Version)" indeed.