Friday, November 02, 2007

Hey Hey Sparky Everyman

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 4.5% BF (dehydration?)
 
"The best part of the emergence of blogs is when you can match up John Updike with Roy Edroso and they play to a tie. Both brilliant." -- Tbogg
 
I guess I wasn't the only one to notice, Alicublog does rock... I checked out that John Updike thing by the way, a review of the new Charles Schulz biography. That was brilliant, and now I might have to get that book.
 
The Money Pit: Anyway, wrenching last night, put on the new handlebar and also new tires. The WeirWolfs just don't look as aggressive as my (apparently now defunct) all-time favorites, the MotoRaptors, but some friends swear by them. We'll see tonight on the shakedown cruise, and tomorrow at Allamuchy, and so on, and so on. (Actually, I think they sent me the wrong ones -- the downhill rather than race version.) Well, if I don't like it I'll just get another one... Meantime, I think I'm going to need a new front derailleur real soon.
 
Oedipus With a Twist: Hit Which Brew for dinner last night while the laundry dried, hanging for a bit with the bartender and her (relatively new) boyfriend, who has a young, say toddler age, son; I'm guessing he has partial custody from the general drift of the conversation. At one point she said something along the lines of "he hates me." Well, I would run with with "just feels threatened," but that still must be a tough situation.
 
Tonight is Philly Funk Authority, tomorrow is the Allamuchy birthday ride, and tomorrow night is the Brew Ha Ha -- and I cannot find the beer I want to bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's a little far, but have you tried Shangy's in Emmaus for the beer? We wanted a couple cases of variety bottles for the kids (as in Doug and Lori) last Christmas and found Shangy's had quite a nice variety. Just a thought.

Don said...

I'm covered: Frank & Dot's Distributors, next door to Genesis Bicycles here in Easton. Had to buy a case to get it, but that would have been true at Shangy's as well.