Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This Very Wednesday, I Will Fly Towards Grace

Morning weigh-in: 168#, 11% BF
 
Well it looks like I managed to slow down the weight loss all right, careful what you wish for... Worked late last night, then hit the gym, did a full leg workout for the first time since the winter. I felt good, and strong, and the weights were almost my maximum from last off-season so I'm coming in at the top of my game.
 
Saw Violetta there, taking yoga or bellydancing or maybe that hip-hop jazzercise they have. She was in  a hurry but seemed healthy & in good spirits, good for her.
 
Dinner was a turkey sub from Steve's, then I blew off everything else and played with the computer, just like surfing, nothing too demanding. Tonight is yoga, then maybe some more laundry and some Which Brew.
 
Reading: Yeah, it's time for the tome... picked up Gravity's Rainbow again, probably haven't re-read it in more than a year -- but I still have it memorized.
 
"A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
It is too late. The evacuation proceeds, but it's all theatre..."
 
[whole bunch of other stuff here]
 
"Follow the bouncing ball:
 
There is a Hand to turn the time,
Though thy Glass today be run,
'Till the Light that hath brought the Towers low,
Find the last poor Pret'rite one...
'Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face on ev'ry mountainside,
And a Soul in ev'ry stone...
 
Now everybody --"
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are thoroughly "Pynchoned".

Don said...

Oh yeah.

Except for what racing taught me about human nature, everything I know about the world I might as well have learned from Pynchon, Achewood.com and a few Dead Kennedys tunes.