Wednesday, September 19, 2007

All Is Wellness

Morning weigh-in: 170#, 11% BF
 
"Happy the people whose annals are tiresome." - Montesquieu
 
We had the CIGNA Wellness Bike Tour stop in to work today. Stood around the parking lot for like an hour -- the cyclists apparently had gotten lost somewhere -- then listened to the HR director, deputy mayor & a CIGNA VP talk about "wellness." All this while Snotboy stood right next to me, totally invading my space (it wasn't crowded either, and I can say now that he smells), and doing his nervous-habit Snotboy thing: snorting, then coughing as he chokes on what he just snorted, playing with it in his mouth or whatever, shuttlecocking the snot back and forth between his nose and throat, over and over and over again -- gaaaaah! Good thing they didn't check my blood pressure... That's one hour I'd like to have back.
 
My own sinus issues seem to be waning. I took off last night: no ride, went to bed early and it seemed to help. I was thinking of working late again, but I now think I'll slip in a quick ride before the meeting.
 
Q: How much for the corn?
A: Arrgh! Buccaneer, matey!
 
Speaking of pirates, I wonder what the Flying Spaghetti Monster is up to?

No comments: