Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bring On The Dancing Horses

Morning weigh-in: 176#, 11.5% BF

Great but very active/sweaty yoga workout last night, followed by a bag-o-salad for dinner -- I ran out of honey-mustard dressing so I made my own (ingredients: honey, mustard, plus a little lemon juice and olive oil but -- duh), tasted great. Tonight is the gym.

Listening: Some late-era Echo & the Bunnymen CD. New versions of old hits, dance mixes etc; when I bought it I was disappointed, but right now I'm really digging it for some reason. Maybe because I forgot what the originals sounded like?

Who's The Samaritan Now, Eh? An Observation: I'm in the Valley Mountain Bikers, a local bike club with maybe 200 members (30-50 active ones), and when I solicited for PPRAC donations I got nothing, zip, zilch -- this is my third PPRAC ride, and I got similar results for those rides too. Right now one member is fighting cancer, by the way.

Meantime, I asked Kelly Jo, Mistress of Which Brew, to send something out on her mailing list (shout-out: Thanks K-Jo!); it went out yesterday and I already have two donations.

A good Samaritan had a dollar. He walks into a bar and says to the bartender...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Don,
I'll forward your letter to my circle of friends - they may be very supportive.
Did you send to family again?
I'm very proud that you and the other riders are doing this tough ride to raise money for cancer patients, esp the innocent children.
Don't feel awkward asking for support- expect only a portion to respond positively...that's just human nature.
I wish you could show some of the kids- they are so beautiful. Only a stone heart would not respond at least in a small way.
Yet there are so many causes and appeals for money that after a while people tune it out.
I often do myself.
But your willingness to put out for the fundraiser should touch those who knpw you.
Good luck!

Don said...

Thanks for passing it along.

I will send to Uncle Pat, maybe Lawrence & also Joanne.

I feel evil when I send the kid photos.

There has definitely been a drying-up, charity fatigue this time around.

Anonymous said...

How about cousins Ed & Margaret & Debbie
I'll leave their e-mail addresses on your other address.
Also Kathy & Tom Frost and Paul Lehmann.
I realize it is tasteless and "evil" to use kids for pity.
What about your brothers- they can give a little. You never ask anything of them.

Don said...

Bros: I hit them when I hit you, via the yahoo group.

Last night, I sent to everyone on the email list you sent me. Thanks.