Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dancing Fool

Went to that party yesterday, my friend Andrew's "Drinking and Smoking" shindig, after the gym and some errands. The idea was, he would provide two kegs of Weyerbacher (Winter Ale -- my favorite, and Merry Monk) and a smoker, and we would all bring meat or other food to smoke; there were also a bunch of grilled veggies. I brought one of those pork tenderloins, and, planning ahead, I took a taxi... Great party, though I only took a few photos (and only one was coherent), late at night when I remembered my camera, but by that point the party, which started out as a family-friendly afternoon picnic, and then became a fireworks show after dark, had degenerated into a few diehards dancing in the living room. I was right there in the middle of it, but I'm not sure if you can call it "dancing" when I never actually picked my feet up off the floor... Gotta hang out with that dude more often, he knows a lot of really good looking women.

Slept in a bit this morning, got up around 10:00 but with no ill effects other than a general smoky smell to my body. I got out around 1:00, rode the towpath to Sand Island, and ran into Bryan and Marge on the ride back. It was good to see them, and we talked for a bit but hey, the trails were waiting so we saddled back up and went our separate ways. I tried the singletrack along the river, which has been, um, aggressively maintained, and is now non-technical and very easy, so it wasn't as useful to gauge progress as I'd like, but I was riding singletrack.

Flickr Update: No new pics posted (I did take a few at the party and on the ride today, so stay tuned), but I took all my ankle photos, put them in order and made a set. You've seen them all before but now you can enjoy them -- chronologically!

No comments: