Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rocky Bastiche

Morning weigh-in: 172.5, 11.5% BF

Friday Night: Super-hot lap on the towpath, 1:25 or maybe a little less, followed by an early night at Which Brew. Another fundraiser, this time for the victims of Hurricane Katrina: whenever you bought a "Hurricane" (a popular New Orleans drink) a dollar would be donated and you'd get a commemorative glass. I almost didn't go, but at the end of my ride I ran into Mike and Carole -- normally I pass their house on my ride, this time I didn't, and there they were walking their dog down my alley; they told me about the fundraiser & said they'd be there. I got a kick out of going there, ordering a Hurricane from bartender Katrina -- her eyes rolled so hard I though they would roll right out of her head...

Saturday: Selfish day, drycleaning, coffee shop, gym etc. I was thinking of doing a road ride before lifting, but my legs were toast so I ran instead. Felt good, decent workout. Night was back to WB to catch the Insidious Rays, though it was another early night, rest up for the big ride.

Sunday: The big ride -- Doug & Lori, Eric, Brian and myself, all the way up to R.B. Winter State Park to ride Cowbell Hollow. Scha-wee-eeet! Pictures soon. Got a call from Doug when I got home: they were going to dinner at Porters w/ Eric & Kris, did I want to go? Quick shower and I get another phone call: they're at Porter's and the kitchen closed early. Another phone call: 1818 Tavern was closed, ditto Pearly Baker's... I suggested Shruty's Pub as a last resort (not quite "dinner evening out," more like "NASCAR on the big screen, Coors and bar food"), got the message to Brian who'd already gone to Porter's, and met them all at Shruty's. Pretty nice, good salvage to the evening, and of course I could walk there...

Monday: I got up around 10:00, hopped on the bike by 11:30 and rode downtown for some coffee & brunch, then took the towpath to Bethlehem and rode the Salisbury trails. Got home about 5:00, showered, then went out to see "The Constant Gardener" w/ Joe & Cindy and Brian. Very good movie, I expect at least some kind of Oscar nod, but it's definitely not "feel-good hit" material.

No comments: