Thursday, March 03, 2005

March Madness

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 11.5% BF

No exercise this morning, no meeting last night: got a call from Doug, we were supposed to grab some dinner before the VMB meeting, but he discovered (via Greg H) that the meeting was actually scheduled for today, caught me just before I left the house. So OK, tonight is Take #2.

Linux/BSD/Solaris Voyager: So instead, I surfed. Mostly I surfed that is, then I ssh'ed to my account at SDF (a BSD system) and fiddled with various settings, then telnetted over to the epix.net machines (they run Solaris), fiddled with stuff there. (Funny how epix doesn't have ssh & I have to use telnet, but then they refuse any connection that isn't coming from their dialup connection, maybe that's "secure.") Mostly just bash & configuration experiments; if I were playing music it would have been called "noodling." (I use Linux at home, and hit the other major flavors of Unix in one night, but since I use bash -- with a similar configuration -- on all three, they all act pretty much the same.) From there, I decided to change the way Emacs looked on the home computer, played around, noticed it was 1:00 AM, went to bed.

Pre-Cambrian: Strange dream this morning, just before I got up (technically, it was after I got up for the first time), all I can remember was beach imagery, and the words "phylum" and "radial symmetry."

A change in the weather: Went out to my car at lunch. Very windy -- it would be "good kite weather" if it weren't bitterly cold... Still, there's something you can feel in the air, despite the cold & even with all the snow on the ground: spring is on its way.

No comments: