Sunday, January 23, 2005

Winter Wonderland


Hey Get Out of the Water
Originally uploaded by donXfive.
Friday night I took the singlespeed out in the 12 degree cold, and I felt it especially in my lungs and my feet, much colder than Thursday. Good ride though: got in about two hours of riding, partway down the towpath & back, up the ruins of Hope Road to the missing bridge and back, then I returned via the bike path. After that was Which Brew, with a decent blues band and an empty room -- everyone out buying bread I guess...

Saturday morning I hit Coffee Works (semi-crowded) while the snow was just starting, then the gym (crowded) while the snow got down to business, and finally I went to Weyerbacher Brewery (packed) in the full storm to check out their full house. Very cool, bought a mixed case of Heresy/Insanity, $48.00, sheesh. Give it a year and it'll be priceless... Later in the day I walked downtown to take pictures, but light was already failing so I stopped in Porters -- the only thing open, and quite a lively scene I must say -- and I got some dinner there. I got out of there when some newlywed girl, out drinking with her brother-in-law, started calling me a "pussy" for not doing shots with her. I could sense trouble brewing, made my escape... nice girl though, up to that point anyway.

Today I met Doug & Lori, and Eric & Kris, down in Bethlehem for some XC skiing. It was pretty nice, pleasant if windy day, cold enough that the sunshine didn't ruin the snow. We started at Sand Island, and went about 3/4 of the way to Freemansburg and back, then circumnavigated the Ice House. Click on the photo and you'll go to Flickr, where you can find the rest of my photos.

No comments: