Wednesday, December 01, 2004

West and Wewaxation at Wast

Morning weigh-in: 180#, 11.5% BF

Got home last nite, played w/ 'puter, then rode the towpath for some "active rest" exercise, very slow pace. About all I could muster, actually: worked quads pretty hard on Monday with the weights, then did a "strength workout" spin class. I wanted to get the blood flowing to remove toxins or whatever from the muscles, and I also knew that today would be rainy, otherwise I would have just blown it off. (Looking outside, it's now sunny & beautiful, but today is officially downtime. I don't need much discipline to ride in the rain, but sunny rest days are tough.)

After that was the weekly trip to WB, as laundry did its thing. No Scott there this week though, just Maura & K-Jo working, and Art having dinner. Turns out, Maura's "bachelorette party" was Saturday night, and they ended up having it at Which Brew -- I enjoyed the Philly trip, I guess you can't be everywhere but it sounded way fun, oh well. For dinner I had sirloin stew w/ juniper berries, while the girls discussed C-section vs vaginal birth, and the post-partum looks of their girlie parts, how much they resembled sirloin stew -- nice try ladies, I told them they were amateurs. I also got a tuna steak sandwich with salsa and wasabi mayo. Both things were fantastic, I was starving too.

My mom had her foot operation yesterday, she should be able to take a call today, think I'll do that. Yo, later.


UPDATE: It's later. I forgot to mention: last might on the ride I saw two fox and an owl (small guy, sitting on a log not 10 feet from me, I think I must have screwed up a kill with my lights), as well as the usual boatload of deer. No bats, though.

No comments: