Thursday, July 15, 2004

back from an involuntary hiatus

Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 174.5# BF forgotten
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 177.5#, 13.5% BF

Got knocked out by a 24-hour bug, starting around midnight Tuesday. Here's the news otherwise:

Pump it up: I went out for a towpath ride Tuesday night, but before I left I checked the tire pressure -- it was like in the mid-20 psi range! I sort of noticed they seemed mushy on the turns on Saturday, I also noticed I felt slower and more sluggish than usual but didn't bother to make the connection or remedy the problem. Anyway, I pumped them up pretty high for me lately, about 40 psi, and felt like superman on the path. I felt so good that I decided to really push it, and ended up with a 1:24 burn time (approx 16.5 mph avg for 23 miles). Nowhere near my old records (1:28 for 25.4 miles, or 17.32 mph avg), but not bad! This won't do me any good at the Wilderness 101 I'm sure, but it's still a confidence boost even if I torched my lungs a bit. I can't believe I used to ride 55 psi on 1.95" tires...

After that I hit the showers, then met Theresa at Which Brew. Typical night there, very cool especially since the Mug Club Night (already postponed from last week because of the July 4th holiday) was cancelled because Kelly Jo was sick. That night of course, I got sick too, and found that T also took Wednesday off because she got hit by something. Coincidence? Probably not, but the bug didn't get caught Tues nite, more likely it happened much earlier & was caught by all of us from some other source.

Yesterday I stayed home, played some more with sed and found I could get some rudimentary template control, but it's pretty unwieldy; I also think I have a handle on my slow internet download problem, if not the solution then at least an understanding of the problem. I also got a haircut, and dropped my bike off for repairs at Bike King. It was Heath's birthday last night and he called, so I dropped by WB one more time for a quick hello.

ONe more thing: I got an email from "PayPal," looks like someone was on a phishing expedition. More on this in a day or two maybe.

No comments: