Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Good News and Bad News

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 11.5% body fat (that's the bad news)

The good news is, there's no real problem with my smartcard USB connection. It just takes a few seconds for the hardware to reset itself & detect the reinserted memory chip, and then mounting is fine. Still have to solve the CD-RW situation though.

Ran two miles this morning, no riding planned for tonight. I'll probably go to the gym & spin tomorrow, and do a Hellertown hill ride on Friday if the weather is nice.

My weight problem, as always, comes down to diet. I think that careful dieting was the key to my weight loss earlier in the year, and diet backsliding is why, no matter how much I exercise, I'm not losing weight now -- my body is not so much strong or enduring, as it is efficient, and any physical stress I give it hardly distracts from its main goal of lipo-loading... So, I'm back on the food wagon as of today -- after last night's Which Brew dinner stop, to see Joe & show him my trip photos.

Anyway, back to work...

PS Tonight I finish my taxes -- rather, H&R Block will finish them.

UPDATE: Good news: looks like I got the CD-RW to work, though it's still not "drag & drop" the way I'd like -- & maybe never will be? Taxes are done, too. Next piece of bad news: just realized my driver's license expired on the 10th -- smooth move, Don! Oh well, deal with it.

No comments: