Friday, February 06, 2004

The view from the office (lunchtime, sucka!)

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 13% body fat

Got up and ran this morning, not so bad out that early, but when I drove to work it was getting nasty: cold rain while de-icing the car, somewhat slippery road conditions. I took 173 after I heard a traffic report of an accident on Jugtown Mountain.

Words to live by: "I'd rather have 25 degrees and snowing than 40 degrees and raining." -- Greg, in the 40 degree rain, before the Michaux race several years ago. I think he's absolutely right, and I think I'll take an invite to go swimming with Doug at Lehigh rather than ride. (On the other hand: "there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices," and that college poolwater did a number on my skin & sinuses at Lafayette years ago. Ahhh, just go swimming, ya wuss.)

No comments: