Thursday, January 15, 2004

First Milestone

Morning weigh-in: 179.5#, 15.5% body fat Under 180 lbs! woo-hoo!!

I sort of worry about that number though; I've been losing about a pound a day since the weekend and I expected to be running about a pound a week. I figure two pounds a week is about the absolute maximum safe loss rate, so I may be in trouble of some kind. On the other hand, it may just be water loss, or "pulling the slack out of the rope," the first few easy pounds... I guess I'd better keep an eye on it, but in the meantime I'll take the win.

It snowed last nite, maybe six inches but because of the cold it was very light stuff. Traffic was bad in the morning but not too bad, especially considering that PennDOT said it was too cold to salt the roads. Snow day, light traffic made for a pleasant drive home (only I didn't go straight home) since the roads were in good shape by then.

Exercise: I took Kim H's spin class today after work -- less fun and much tougher than Colette's. She's not big on long recoveries, and really likes standing, and with less resistance than I'd normally prefer. I got my money's worth today.

And that's what's happening. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: