Friday, January 02, 2004

By the way, here are my New Year's Resolutions (actually, one resolution in two parts, and two goals to make it palatable): I resolve to live healthier, by eating better and exercising more regularly, including adding running to my regimen. My goals are to lose 14 lbs (get down to 170#) by late March or early April, and to run a 5k about the same time. I want to run the 5k within 25 minutes, but will be happy with anything under 30. (I'd really like to get down to maybe 165 by June, but I'm not sure about how that fits with my larger Lean Body Mass. My days of being 145 lbs are long over...)

How will I do it? Not sure yet. I think I have enough diet info to eat healthy if I'd just do it, but I may want to follow a specific diet like the "Fit or Fat Target Diet" or something along those lines. We'll see, but in the meantime there's the exercise: I've been pretty slack over the last year or so, and I think I'll have to get kind of regimented about it for a while. But the good news is, my old friend Colette is now teaching spin classes at my gym on Monday nights, so I'll go for that workout, hit the towpath maybe once or twice during the week, then hit the gym for running/lifting Saturday and one more day during the week, and something outdoors, aerobic and daylong on Sunday -- I should be sick of it by February!!

No comments: